Sunday 22 October 2017

I Will Obey God's Word


How I love Your instruction! It is my meditation all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are always with me. I have more insight than all my teachers because Your decrees are my meditation. I understand more than the elders because I obey Your precepts. I have kept my feet from every evil path to follow Your word. I have not turned from Your judgments, for You Yourself have instructed me. How sweet Your word is to my taste — sweeter than honey in my mouth. I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.
Psalms 119:97‭-‬104 HCSB

David is telling us why he is wise: he listened and obeyed the word of God. He had only a few books, we have so many more. For us, the Christians, Jesus came and set us free from our sins and shackles. We have the Gospels and the Epistles. What a rich source of teaching is available to us! Not only did David listen and obey, he meditated on the truths he learned. They were before him as a lamp to his feet.

Want to be wise? Read, meditate on and obey the word of God. Allow His Holy Spirit to guide you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment