Wednesday 11 October 2017

Heartfelt Compassion


Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. Above all, put on love — the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful.
Colossians 3:12‭-‬15 HCSB

When we dress in the morning, first we put on underwear, then say a shirt or blouse, next pants or a skirt, if is is cold a jacket. Each of these items play a part in our dress. We like to collect a few varieties, some more so than others. We won't get into collecting excessive amounts.

Without underwear, we are a little uncomfortable. If we are able to afford a few sets of underwear we know the joy of clean underwear. Heartfelt compassion is underwear. Out of this item flows goodness. If I have heartfelt compassion towards you, I will be kind and patient, humble and gentle and I will forgive you.

Where do I buy heartfelt compassion? My salvation was bought for me and heartfelt compassion was given to me as a gift. However, I must yield to it for it to apply. I might be given beautiful underwear, but it does me no good, unless I put it on and leave it on whilst I don the remaining garments.

Just so heartfelt compassion, which basically is the love of God, must be 'put on' and remain on. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment