Thursday 5 October 2017

Let Him Lead


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.
Proverbs 3:5‭-‬6 HCSB

There are times when we are just doing life but other times it may feel like we are clawing our way up a crevice wall without skill. I spend most of my time here and have to rely on my guide.

I have had a desire to learn rock climbing. Maybe I should content myself with the figurative, it's hard enough and just paint the hills. Shucks!

From when I first became a Christian I have loved this verse. It is a hard one to put in practice but it carries certainty that God is with us, we just need to trust Him.

The learning of the depth of this verse takes us into His heart. He is our provider, our peace, our guide our comfort. Yet He leads us into a stretch. He wants us to know we are like Him and realise we can walk on water. (Again figuratively).

Our own understanding is unfortunately much like that from childhood: mum and dad will fix everything so I can have a smooth ride. We really should prepare our children for a rough life, they would thank us for it.

Our heavenly Father is more interested in our maturity. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment