Wednesday 18 October 2017

What Did Jesus Do For Me?


This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” — and I am the worst of them.
1 Timothy 1:15 HCSB

Two things Paul says here: Jesus came into the world to save sinners. The second was He recognised himself for what he was. What was He? He had been a mass murderer before coming to Christ. He believed he was doing God's work. He had been a zealous Jew persecuting Christians. However, he had a time when Christ revealed Himself to Him and in an instant he was changed.

My past was not so colourful yet because I knew I was a sinner I came to Him in gratitude and I stay with Him for the same reason. When Repentance brings you to Christ you do not want to leave Him, He is your source and supply of grace.

Jesus did indeed come to save us from sin. Sin is a dirty word now days yet it is still a truth we must accept to be set free. Eternity with Him is the reward, eternity without Him the alternative. Not a good place!

Paul did not live in the past but accepted his part in it, it made him humble and grateful. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment