Sunday 26 November 2017

The Lord Hears


Then the Lord appeared to Solomon at night and said to him: I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a temple of sacrifice. If I close the sky so there is no rain, or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people,

and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to prayer from this place.
2 Chronicles 7:12‭-‬15 HCSB

In the above passage I have separated verses 12 and 13 from 14 and 15 because 14 and 15 are verses we hear a lot but do we know where they come from? The Lord said these famous lines when He appeared to Solomon in the night, after he had dedicated the new temple to Him.

Solomon 'the wisest man who ever lived' had built the Lord a temple and finally dedicated it to Him. At this time Solomon's heart was steadfast towards the Lord. The Lord was telling him what to do when he went astray.

Our lands are in a mess. Yesterday I drove from Tamworth to Sydney to collect my mother. I was saddened to see drought had gripped the land and so I prayed for mercy. I believe the Christian is like a custodian of the land. If we humble ourselves and pray God hears and heals.

On the return trip today I will also pray. The Lord is merciful and listens to His people, if we would just pray! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment