Tuesday 21 November 2017

Waiting For God


On that day it will be said, “Look, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the Lord ; we have waited for Him. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”
Isaiah 25:9 HCSB

How long have you waited for God? Jesus waited 30 years, Abraham waited 25 years, Moses waited 40 years. How long did you say you have waited again?

The New Testament is full of encouragement to stay the distance, to be patient and wait. I have waited 14 years and sense I am on the brink of a wild adventure with God. As I know it is my future I am keen to start but just as you must organise visas, have your shots, buy your ticket and pack, preparation is still needed.

If I had not waited for God's best, if I had doubted Him and turned aside, where would I be? He and His plans are worth waiting for. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment