Tuesday 14 November 2017

Who Do I Think I Am?

For if anyone considers himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But each person should examine his own work, and then he will have a reason for boasting in himself alone, and not in respect to someone else. For each person will have to carry his own load.
Galatians 6:3‭-‬5 HCSB

Perspective! Do I consider myself to be other than what I am? Am I deluding myself? If I really want to know I must examine my own work, not comparing it to my brother or sister but comparing it to Christ.

I must carry my own load. I have experienced lonely times when I wished someone would carry me and my load but had to learn my God is there for me and He is all I need. It was a time of growing up.

When I compare myself to others I start the circle of self-righteousness and criticism of others. I, again, hear Jesus saying: if you eye is full of light then your whole body is full of light. Matthew 6:23
Light reveals, uncovers and brings truth. Amen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment