Tuesday 14 November 2017

What Am I Sowing?


Don’t be deceived: God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows he will also reap, because the one who sows to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap eternal life from the Spirit.
Galatians 6:7‭-‬8 HCSB

Spirit and flesh, do we discern which it is we are sowing to? Because I am emotionally excited by a thought or pathway does not mean it is right. Regardless of how I feel, the right path is to follow Christ, be it paved with gold or littered with rubbish.

The apostle Paul demonstrated both to us. His original pathway was the self-righteous Jew persecuting Christians, his next was one of continual brokenness, injury, deprivation and frustration, ultimately leading to death at the hands of the Romans.

The prosperity gospel discounts the second, opting for glory and riches. While some are called to this path, not all are. What grace has God given me? Who does He want me to touch? Has He humbled me for a purpose or is He exulting me for a purpose? Isn't His cause the reason I live?

I must be content with His path. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment