Tuesday 26 December 2017

He Will Help Me


Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. Be sure that all who are enraged against you will be ashamed and disgraced; those who contend with you will become as nothing and will perish. You will look for those who contend with you, but you will not find them. Those who war against you will become absolutely nothing. For I, Yahweh your God, hold your right hand and say to you: Do not fear, I will help you.
Isaiah 41:10‭-‬13 HCSB

It appears we need to be told not to fear. The reason we need to be told is we do fear. In the process of growing in Christ we encounter difficulties and challenges. No-one will save us, there is no fairy godmother. Bad stuff happens to good people. In this holiday season we are seeing normal people on the way to family gatherings killed by selfish speeding drivers. This is just one of the things normal people will have to face. Fires, hurricanes, flood and famine all affect good people.

The child of God has their Father God to run to and hide in. He is there for us, willing to cover us with His wings and hide us. We need to trust Him as the disasters threaten and pass by within a whisker. We may suffer disaster and be left with only our God. He is still there for us in all circumstances. We can take our pain to Him.

Do not fear, He will help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment