Thursday 14 December 2017

The Grave in Which I Stand


Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
Romans 5:1‭-‬2 HCSB

I want to focus on the verse: 'this grace in which we stand.' We have access to this grace by faith. Yet knowing I stand in grace is awesome. It is like standing in a field of swaying red poppies. I can walk through fields without cost, in many places, some I may pay. We enter the field of grace because someone else paid the entry fee. Jesus Himself paid the fee with His own life.

The image of standing is an act of involvement. Whereas sitting implies rest and inactivity. In this field of grace I stand, actively appropriating my inheritance. Grace is mine by faith. Yet it is not mine unless I step into it.

A field of grace is a field of forgiveness and strength. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment