Thursday 18 January 2018

Christlikeness


Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, we must also follow the Spirit. We must not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:24‭-‬26 HCSB

The flesh thinks of itself, it demands, squarks, struts, pouts and rages. But the ways of the Spirit are love, joy and peace.

At present I am waging war with a thrip infestation of my hybiscus bushes. I am applying all manner of remedies starting from oil and dish liquid to the hard stuff. Finally in desperation I have excised the affected parts.

In my life I have to handle my body and it's lusts. Food is always a big one, however fasting fixes the lust. We have a penchant for spoiling our flesh but discipline helps that; laziness towards exercise can be dealt with by a 'Go' mentality; handling money is another biggie, tithing fixes that.

Attitudes and giving ourselves permission to react is wrong. 'I can't help myself' is wrong. You have the Spirit of God if you are His.'

In the above scripture Paul tells us: 'we must also follow the Spirit'. The Spirit of God has a plan to lead us to Christlikeness. Allow Him to do His work in you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment