Sunday 25 February 2018

Dressed in White


But you have a few people in Sardis who have not defiled their clothes, and they will walk with Me in white, because they are worthy. In the same way, the victor will be dressed in white clothes, and I will never erase his name from the book of life but will acknowledge his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 3:4‭-‬5 HCSB

Today at church some friends and I got to talking about what we will wear in heaven. Having the imagination I jave I said:" just think, as we walk out the door we will probably be able to say; "Pink" or "purple" and out outfits will be instantaneous." I was reminded by a dear soul that we would be dressed in white. I said: " a whiter shade of pale. I am sure there could be tints to the white." Crazy talk, a bit of fun.

However, Jesus Himself was giving serious instruction to the church, through John in the above passage. As to whether we all dress in white, really is irrelevant. What is more important is how we are seen by Christ. White robes speak of purity.

Today we had messages about purity in both services. I think this is where we are going. We are the bride of Christ and walking towards the marriage supper of the lamb. Of course He wants us ready and white speaks of a bride being ready.

Tonight we had our first soaker service, if you could call it that. We worshipped and waited on God. There was a prophesy about us stepping out in faith to appropriate the next move. This resonates with me as I am a woman of faith. I had a vision of thousands upon thousands of souls. I am also about evangelism. My heart burns for souls.

I am excited about seeing this all unfold. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment