Saturday 10 February 2018

He is Enough


We have redemption in Him through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
Ephesians 1:7‭-‬8 HCSB

We are redeemed by the blood of the lamb. In the Old Testament many sheep had to be continually sacrificed for sin, it was called a sin offering. However, the sin was never completely gone, we had a sin nature. When we accept Christ as the redeemer, the ultimate price for our sins, He became the perfect sacrifice for us and we were given a new nature- a child of God.

Jesus.paid the perfect price, the once and for all price. He satisfied heaven's requirement once and for all. There is nothing I can do that will make me whiter than snow, when I am given that gift by Christ. Regardless of how I feel, or what I do, I can access that provision instantaneously.

I am free from sin and can choose to live that way or allow guilt and shame to hound me. The truth is: I have been set free and now I must live in that freedom and not mix it with my own guilty efforts. If I confess my sin, He is faithful and just to forgive me of all and cleanse me. (1 John 1:9)

If I come to Christ I am set free. I must trust Him that His forgiveness is enough. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment