Sunday 18 February 2018

The Lord is My Shepherd


The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths for His name’s sake.
Psalms 23:1‭-‬3 HCSB

There is nothing I lack. This is a matter of perspective. I can subjectively reckon I have need for relationships or possession yet He promises to give me all I need as I keep my eyes on Him.

He lets me lie down in green pastures. At present we are in drought. Yet even in drought God's green places are to be found. I cannot be so controlling that I insist it is as I determine. What does He see?

He leads me beside quiet waters, as in a lake or perhaps a bubbling brook. Again in drought where are these? Are they literal or spiritual?

He renews my life. Those that wait upon the Lord renew their strength. My strength is in Him.

He leads me on the right path. I don't need to concern myself with what that path looks like. He knows and will lead, if I let Him.

Trust the Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment