Friday 16 March 2018

Benefits of Obedience


The one who has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father. I also will love him and will reveal Myself to him.”
John 14:21 HCSB
Three things stand out to me here: if I love Jesus, really love Him, I will keep His commands; if I love Jesus the Father will love me; if I love Jesus He will reveal Himself to me.

What commands must I keep? Jesus said: love the Lord Your God with all your heart and love others like yourself. Simple?
No! However in the same chapter Jesus told the disciples He was sending the Holy Spirit who would guide them into all truth.

It is my job to love God and others with the Holy Spirits help. When I do this I am happiest. Amen! For me the greatest act of love is kindness. Being kind brings out gratitude and gratitude grace and grace love. Be kind!

The next part is that the Father will love me. Now that is special! What does a loving Father look like? Why not find out!

The last part, and the part I want most: Jesus will reveal Himself to me. Awesome! Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment