Thursday 22 March 2018

Dwelling in the Shadow

The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1 HCSB

Shadow dwelling usually carries negative connotations. However, dwelling in the shadow of the Almighty means I am very close but also not the light. He is the glorious one. He must get the glory. If I am in the shadow I have no need to clamour for glory, I don't need to be heard and I don't need to 'make it happen' but rather go where He goes and do what He does. There's the challenge!

This has really spoken to me today. I have consciously tried to be aware that I am following and not leading. I blew it once when a salesman called me when I was otherwise preoccupied. I don't know why they claim to represent well known Telstra and them ask me about a service Telstra has already given me. They show they are not from where they say they are and that is annoying. (Sorry Lord, fell off the grace wagon)

Well.... I will try again tomorrow. I am sure another sales person will call. They have a target at present and are calling all businesses in my area. Ho hum! Just think God may want me to love them a little. Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment