Tuesday 13 March 2018

Ingrstitude amd Rejection


He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him. He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him. But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name,
John 1:10‭-‬12 HCSB

Being rejected and ignored is hard to bear. How did the Lord manage it? We know He kept close to the Father. Even though his earthly family rejected Him, His heavenly Father did not.

Those who believe in you, you can give more of yourself to. There were those Jesus was able to give more of Himself to. There is a scripture that says: 'He did not give Himself to them for He knew the hearts of men.' This was referring to those who wanted something buy rejected who He was.

Discerning who to give your heart to is important. When we misread a person and give too much it is devastating. However learning to guard our hearts is a challenge we must face.

I had this happen today. It was from someone I trusted. Oh well! Get up and go again. In the meantime my grandson, who is holidaying with me told me he is having the best holiday and thanked me. For that I am grateful, oh and the fact that he is now listening to worship music and talking to me about the Lord. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment