Wednesday 14 March 2018

Love Comes First


For you were called to be free, brothers; only don’t use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. For the entire law is fulfilled in one statement: Love your neighbor as yourself. But if you bite and devour one another, watch out, or you will be consumed by one another.
Galatians 5:13‭-‬15 HCSB

Christ has set me free from my sins and also the law. The law with all its 'do's ' and 'Don'ts '. However there is one law that governs all, when it comes to others: love your neighbour as yourself. This is the biggest challenge.

In my family we love to tease one another and take the "mickey' out of each other. However there are times it gets out of hand. Last night was one such time. I was the one being dealt the serve. It was not nice. It had made me realise that perhaps I should review my own behaviour.

In light of the above scripture I need to prayerfully consider my own way. Love does that. I need to walk in love not anger and revenge. Further on in this chapter Paul tells us the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, patience, self-control, goodness and faith. Love comes first. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment