Sunday 18 March 2018

Joy in Trials


Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:2‭-‬4 HCSB

Do you like gifts, surprises or blessings? I do! However God gives the best gifts and His gifts are never taken back or regretted. The best gifts God wants to give us is revelation about Him or who we are in Him.

When I must endure loneliness I tell the Lord I want a reward for enduring lonely times. He never disappoints me. I come away with fresh revelation every time (so long as I have refused to wallow in self-pity).

Endurance must be allowed to do a complete work in us. God is wanting to polish us so that His reflection is what people see in us.

When I was a child I used to help my grandmother polish the brass vases. I had to apply the polish and then the harder I rubbed the vase the shinier it became. The polish in my life is the blood of Christ. The Holy Spirit applies it as I ask for salvation, then He rubs it in until it becomes a part of me (or I become a part of it- abiding in the vine.)


We must yield to endurance. We cannot be changed unless we do. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment