Sunday 11 March 2018

Living in Him


Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, overflowing with gratitude.
Colossians 2:6‭-‬7 HCSB

Being rooted in Him bears the image of a plant, planted in good soil, watered and growing to new life. I love to garden and recently bought two Persian Silk trees on line. They came packaged carefully in the post. Now it was my turn to ensure these saplings grew. I had bought them in summer, which alone, in itself, was a challenge to new plants. I made sure I gave them new soil, a good position, a good hole in the ground and plenty of water and shade.

We come to God at all seasons of life. Usually our circumstances are heated in some way, yet God, in His mercy bends down and in His grace and mercy and tends to us. His soil is good. His care the best. He waters us with His word. His word is full of life and I am grateful because without it I would die.

Now I need to walk in Him. He is so good! What a journey! He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment