Saturday 3 March 2018

The Valley of Bacca


Happy are the people whose strength is in You, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a source of springwater; even the autumn rain will cover it with blessings. They go from strength to strength; each appears before God in Zion.
Psalms 84:5‭-‬7 HCSB

I have learned to rejoice that my strength is in my God and to not resent the Valley of Becca. Resenting the Valley of Becca (weeping) creates unwanted tension. Whereas looking at Him, completely causes me to make beauty along the way.

I have a good friend going through a very dark patch and she is filled with anxiety. She said to me: "I just want this all to go away!" I said: "It won't go away, you must face it one step at a time." I should have added, keeping your eyes on Jesus. However, as she does not have faith in Him, she is rather blaming Him for allowing the situation? This would be difficult.

Our God allows what we cause by our pride so that we might learn to humble ourselves and turn to Him. He needs to be the focus, the centre, the only life force.

I cannot save my friend from her circumstances but I can pray she finds Jesus in the fire. He is very interested in my friend's soul. He has eternity in mind. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment