Monday 2 April 2018

The Way

On the contrary, what does it say? The message is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. This is the message of faith that we proclaim: If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:8‭-‬9 HCSB

This way of being right with God flies in the face of self-effort. Earlier in the chapter Paul says:

Because they disregarded the righteousness from God and attempted to establish their own righteousness, they have not submitted themselves to God’s righteousness.
Romans 10:3 HCSB

It is not a matter of how many prayers I say; what penance I do; the fasting I do; the abstinence I practice. All are nothing compared to accepting that Christ did it all. He is my righteousness. This is all I need.

Paul tells us: there is none righteous, no not one.Romans 3:10-12

There is nothing I can do to earn eternity. I must accept the way given. If I want access to a room that is pass-coded, I need a key. I will not get a key because I demand it or try and break in. The way in is through the door. Jesus is the door to eternity. Ask Him to be your way. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment