Sunday 29 April 2018

Yokes and Rest


All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:29‭-‬30 HCSB

What stands out to you in these verses? For me it is: because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves.

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. This speaks to me of power and authority. Yet, here is One with tremendous power and authority and gentle and humble at the same time. What does meeting a humble person do for you? They impact me with their peace and grace.

How good is God! To lay down power and authority and take on grace and humility just so I can find rest for my soul! How good is that?

Thank You Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment