Thursday 3 May 2018

Dont Stifle the Spirit


Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Don’t stifle the Spirit. Don’t despise prophecies, but test all things. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:16‭-‬22 HCSB

Don't stifle the Spirit! This stands out to me. Yesterday I discovered more about my mother's family, the Campbell clan. I heard the roar of battle and sensed the conquering spirit. In my day I had much stupidity and foolish brutality come against me and I picked up my sword. I had had enough. The trouble was I felt like a young inexperienced dragon. I let out fire when I sneezed. Well almost! There were times grace and gentleness was required.

I had been waiting on a garden shed. It had been almost two weeks in arriving. I had tracked it down, it was actually in a local depot. I organised for the back fence to be opened so it could be slipped on the ground near the concrete slab. I had called several times and the last being that morning. Guess where the delivery man came? To the front of the house. When he knocked on the door I knew and was already in fire breathing mode because of the remainder of the day. I opened the door and looked at the man. He was a simple little man who needed compassion. I doused the fire and told him where to go.

I went out to meet the men and was grateful and gracious. Praise God the Spirit won. Earlier I had been at a meeting with other representatives of my profession. It was a waste of time. It had annoyed me. I could have been more gracious there.

When I am in choleric mode I need God more than ever, I am deadly in my flesh. The Spirit must rule. He is such a better example of Christ who is God, I am not, and lay it down for me. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment