Thursday 3 May 2018

Focus


Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16‭-‬18 HCSB

Rejoice always! You must be joking! Rejoicing is not always an easy feat. In fact it is mostly a difficult feat. However, if we are praying constantly, even little "help me Jesus!" prayers then our focus is on Him and much easier to rejoice.

Give thanks in everything! Nah! Not possible! Why did Paul the apostle say this? Perhaps He had experience. After all He was shipwrecked a few times, flogged a few more and stoned to death plus much more. What did He know that we don't? Focus! Focus! Focus!

What am I thinking about? How am I thinking it? Am I allowing God's perspective in? Do I dwell on God's word or the negative media and other people's opinions?

Time for check up from the neck up!

No comments:

Post a Comment