Friday 18 May 2018

How Does the Christian Love?


“I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34‭-‬35 HCSB

Jesus is about to go to the cross and He has just washed the disciples feet. He told them:

“Do you know what I have done for you? You call Me Teacher and Lord. This is well said, for I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example that you also should do just as I have done for you.
John 13:12‭-‬15

Foot washing was a servant's job. Yet Jesus did this to show that He came to serve and lay down His life for us. We cant afford to love as the world does, with fleshly motives but rather as He did, with eternal motives. Amen!

What is the reason for the way we are to love? So that the world would know and be drawn. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment