Saturday 12 May 2018

I No longer Live


and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.
Galatians 2:20‭-‬21 HCSB

This whole chapter is dealing with living in the grace of the gospel and not law. In it Paul condemns Peter and other apostles who were duplicitous. This means two faced. With one group, the circumcised Jews they behaved one way and with the uncircumcised Gentiles another. Paul hates this and speaks out loudly about the wrong in this behaviour.

We Christians quote this verse often. We need to know the spirit and mindset of Paul ad he writes it. Jesus had so set him, a Pharisee above all Pharisee, free that Paul stands against all religious hypocrisy.

He lived by faith in the freedom Christ won for him. I must live out of this freedom and nothing else. Nothing I can do will make me more acceptable to God. Jesus won me that. I must live out of relationship with Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment