Friday 11 May 2018

Tired Hands


Therefore strengthen your tired hands and weakened knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated but healed instead.
Hebrews 12:12‭-‬13 HCSB

Today is Friday. Anyone tired out there? Usually Friday finds me tired. I can be physically exhausted, mentally exhausted or emotionally wrung out. Sometimes all three. This week I had a virus to battle as well. I find when I am unwell I am more emotionally friable. This is when I have to remind myself: if God be for me and wants to bless me, who or what can stand against me?

Scripture calls this: encouraging ourselves in the Lord. "Be of good cheer", said Jesus, "I have overcome the world!"

At times we have to dig deep to find the precious promises and stand on them. God loves us and is not our enemy but we need to grow strong in standing against the tides of life. He wants adult children not babies. Come on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment