Friday 11 May 2018

The Crown of Life


Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne.
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬2 HCSB

Have you ever run in a race? I did a couple of triathlons once. I had to stay focused on the path ahead. The first time I came to do the last leg, the run, and as I dismounted my bike my legs felt like jelly and I knew I had to run. I kept saying to myself:"But what if I can!" I put on my running shoes and stepped out and kept focus. I finished the race.

Finishing the race brings its own joy and exaltation. I did not care that I was at the back of the pack. I cared that I finished. In life it is the same. We have a crown awaiting us, if we just don't quit. Quitting is not a good place, we join other victims in that place. It is time to win. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment