Friday 21 September 2018

But What If You Can!


So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.
Galatians 6:9‭-‬10 MSG

I understand fatigue, intimately. I remember when I first started competing in triathlons the first time, it was raining. The swim was through muddy water and I could not breathe. I kept saying to myself,"But what if I can!" As I was at the back of the pack to exit from the water was up a muddy, slippery slope and I kept going. The next leg was a bike ride in wet clothes. I got on my shoes and started off. The rain fell like sharp razors against my flesh. Again, "but what if I can!" The last leg was a run. By the time I dismounted my bike I could hardly walk, let alone run, so I shuffled off, saying to myself, "but what if I can!" I put my head down and kept going. On the way I glanced up to see a road sloping upwards. Well now, this was another challenge. "But what if I can!" You know, I finished the race and was so proud that I did. It didn't matter that I was almost last, I did it. If I remember correctly I did it with a chest cold as well.

I rewarded myself with a hot bath, then I went off to church rejoicing.

My life has been littered with many obstacles that I had to work through, climb over or dig through. I did it and am here to tell the tale.

Endurance is treasured by our God. You see, He did it Himself. He endured the cross for us. What a champion. So, put on your joggers and get going. Strengthen the limbs that hang down and remember, "But what if you can!". Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment