Friday 26 October 2018

Are we Ready For the Truth?


“To you who are ready for the truth, I say this: Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person. If someone slaps you in the face, stand there and take it. If someone grabs your shirt, giftwrap your best coat and make a present of it. If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously.
Luke 6:27‭-‬30 MSG

Being generous with enemies and difficult people is hard. The challenge is always: how do I treat you and protect myself?
There are 'in your face' people and they are draining. Was Jesus telling is to allow ourselves to be drained? No! I dont believe so. What is He telling us?

For me, I go to God and seek Him for how to handle a difficult person, especially if they are Christian. They are God's child and He knows what He wants to do in them. I can't get in the way, solve all their crises and be always on call. He is always on call, He has the energy to love and comfort at any time. He alone is able to manage all His kids at one time. I cant!

However, genuine enemies need God's love to melt them. How can I assist in this? Pray! Pray grace and mercy on them! Talk grace and mercy on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment