Saturday 27 October 2018

On Loving


We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19 HCSB

To examine what love is about, it would be good to read the whole chapter. John was a lover. He loved Christ with a passion and that love spilled over to his fellow man.

He goes on to say that if we say we love God but do not love our brother in Christ then the love of God is not in us.

I am challenged by those very loving individuals, the ones that smother me in love. At this time I must go to God and seek His thoughts and His ways. How would you have me love your church and your people?

What do very loving individuals have that I don't have? Do they know something I don't? What would God have me know about love?

Always, always I must start with Him but then it must flow out to my fellow man. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment