Thursday 18 October 2018

How Can I Stay Pure?


How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping Your word. I have sought You with all my heart; don’t let me wander from Your commands. I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You.
Psalms 119:9‭-‬11 HCSB

Not only young men need this, we all do. Love for God and His word protect our paths. Jesus told us in John 15:

“As the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you. Remain in My love. If you keep My commands you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commands and remain in His love.
John 15:9‭-‬10

Abiding in Christ and not allowing yourself to wander will be based on love: love for God and love for your fellow man. Jesus is our saviour, our light, our life and our strength. Amen!

Jesus shows us how to abide, He did it first. He was quick to spend time with the Father, slow to act and speak as He waited on the Father. He said: "I only do what I see my Father doing."

Abiding starts with aligning our treasure to God and not the things of this world. He is before all things, above all things and beyond all things. He is the glue that holds all things together. Amen!

Abide!

No comments:

Post a Comment