Thursday 25 October 2018

Walk Worthy


Therefore I, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love, diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us.
Ephesians 4:1‭-‬3 HCSB

Walk worthy! There is nothing worse than seeing someone who has been decorated with a title or an award for service to a nation be put on trial for abuse towards children or their spouse. As a community we are ashamed as we gave that person glory and praise and love. I remember when Rolf Harris was put on trial for sexual misconduct I mourned as I had loved watching him perform when I was a child. Australia was proud of him as one of our own, yet sexual misconduct in his earlier years undid him and he is now an old man in jail.

As God's representatives we are on show. Scripture tells us that the whole world waits in eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. Romans 8:19. Just as the whole world, before Christ, waited eagerly for Him, it now waits for us to show the world Christ in us.

I am ashamed of my lack of Christlikeness at times and pleased at others. Every time we are out in public we are on show. Just as the royals are always on show, when in public.

How can I bring glory to God? How can I make Him known? It is not what I say but what I do that counts. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment