Friday 5 October 2018

Wonderful Truth

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you really are My disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:31‭-‬32 HCSB

Jesus was in the temple and the Jews were debating with Him. They rejected His claim to being the Son of God and were becoming quite offended with Him and His talk of deity.

We become offended at Christ through lack of understanding. Yet if we are in relationship with Him, we get it. I remember when I first became a Christian I struggled with the apostle Paul. However, it has been a long time now since that day, and I love his writings. I have found Jesus' heart in scripture. The Jews who were offended did not know Him, or want to know Him.

Jesus does indeed lead us into all truth. He is indeed the Way, the Truth and the Life. He has the answers and as I allow Him in He untied the knots in my heart. The truth of His word sets me free. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment