Thursday 29 November 2018

Firstlove

One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:10 HCSB

In this chapter Paul is discussing the difference between Jew And Greek. The Jews depended on the law for righteousness but as Paul says: Jesus completed the law. The believer now enters into righteousness(right standing before God) by faith. Faith is shown when we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts Jesus is Lord.

When I came to know Christ I invited Him in, confessed my sin and asked for forgiveness. I knew I was made alive in Him. I wanted to share my joy with others.

Yesterday I looked at delighting myself in the Lord. I also likened delight to having a newborn. My delight spilled over about my newborn, I told everyone. This is how it was for me at salvation. This was my first love.

Jesus reminds us to remain in our first love, in the book of Revelation. One of the things He had against believers in a certain church was they had forgotten their first love. I need to remember my first love.

Why not spend some time now rejoicing over your first love. Amwn!

Just watched Jeremy Riddle's new song: fall Afresh. Get it on UTube and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment