Monday 19 November 2018

I Will Worship

My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is better than life. So I will praise You as long as I live; at Your name, I will lift up my hands.
Psalms 63:3‭-‬4 HCSB

David is still in hiding in the wilderness of Judah, his son Absalom has usurped the throne and plan to seek his father and kill him, however he is the one who dies. David, at the point of writing this psalm probably did not have the outcome but his loyal followers were looking out for him. David had humbled his heart and sought the Lord.

What I love about this psalm is the intense worship and longing for God. David was worshipping himself out of trouble and it worked. We can be in lack and despair and rather than speak our predicament we can worship our God and see what he does. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment