Sunday 18 November 2018

You Are My Shield


But You, Lord , are a shield around me, my glory, and the One who lifts up my head.
Psalms 3:3 HCSB

This psalm was written by David when his son Absalom rose up against him to take the throne. David had said: I will not fight my son as perhaps it is God who has done this and I will not fight Him. It proved not to be God but an arrogant heart who thought, because of his looks, he could do better.

Absalom died at the hand of one of David's mighty men. His reign was a spit in the bucket. God had not anointed Absalom, God had anointed David and until He chose otherwise, David was king.

We will have those who rise up against us. Their arrogance will not save them or make them what they believe but God is our defender. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment