Friday 14 December 2018

Bringing God Colours to Our World



“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:14‭-‬16 MSG

Bringing God colours! How beautiful and how apt! God's many sides nature is in His people and when they live for and in Him they bring colour to a black and white world.

I am watching the colour leak out of my world into the lives of those around me. Today I had a hair cut and the hairdresser was not chatting and I knew she could. I asked her questions about her life and found common ground, the garden. My hairdresser was an Irish punk. She punked me up a little as well, a bit shorter than I had planned. Fortunately it will grow. We talked all things flowers and she glowed.

Meanwhile mum amd I had fun shopping and giggling around the supermarket, we returned home to gifts. My sister sent us both a Christmas gift. It was so special amd not long after another knock at the door and more gifts arrived. I had fun making an icecream cake for our upcoming street Christmas party, homemade Vienna loaf for mum(yum!) And almond bread for my daughter.

I took some of my warm bread to a neighbour and delighted her with fresh bread. I am thinking of taking some almond bread to my punk haridtesser along with some homemade jam. She said they did not receive many gifts from clients these days. We must remedy that. Yes! Let the colour leak out and bless your world! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment