Friday 28 December 2018

I Know Him....Wellish!


If someone claims, “I know him well!” but doesn’t keep his commandments, he’s obviously a liar. His life doesn’t match his words. But the one who keeps God’s word is the person in whom we see God’s mature love. This is the only way to be sure we’re in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived.
1 John 2:4‭-‬6 MSG

Here is a test! Do I say I know Him well? Yes I would. However, I know there are times I am selfish, I am critical and I am unloving. Yes I realise as soon as I speak and Yes I repent. I would rather not need to repent but rather walk in grace and the Spirit more often.

Therefore, I should rather say: " I am getting to know Him well. I am a working progress. I imagine that as we have a realist appraisal of ourselves, rather than an arrogant approach, then we would be humble enough to honour others better than ourselves.

Prayer: Father forgive my sins as I forgive those who sin against me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment