Wednesday 5 December 2018

In Secret


But when you give to the poor, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:3‭-‬4 HCSB

For my left hand to not know what my right is doing requires an attitude of humility and an emptying of self. I cannot say in all honesty I am always here and therefore miss out on the potential reward that my Father has for me. I wonder what that reward looks like?

The imagery of this act: the one hand not knowing what the other is doing shows a complete automatic and unaware act of giving, that it comes from the core and not motivated by anything but God. This is surely to be desired.

How good is our God. Jesus was like this. He did not seek or need the accolades of men as He knew He had His Father's eye. This is all I need. He is the One to please. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment