Wednesday 19 December 2018

Not Ashamed


For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16 HCSB

This scripture challenged me when I first met it and it still does. Hebrews tells us:

For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

The scripture in Romans does this to me. Am I going to hide my light under a bushel and not show Christ in me, nor share the good news? Fear of man does this to us. However as we step out and show our faith, we realise we can do more.

I have used Facebook to an advantage. I have shared positive sayings for years and this year I have shared a scripture a day. Some like them, however I am praying that the word of God on a picture background challenges them with the gospel.

I have made a point of inviting people to events. Surprise surprise they come. Tomorrow I have 4 children coming to an all-day event at my church and tonight I have the neighborhood coming to a Christmas party. This Sunday a woman who had left her faith is returning to church, because I invited her.

It's Christmas! Invite them in. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment