Friday 7 December 2018

Return to First Love


The Master said: “These people make a big show of saying the right thing, but their hearts aren’t in it. Because they act like they’re worshiping me but don’t mean it, I’m going to step in and shock them awake, astonish them, stand them on their ears. The wise ones who had it all figured out will be exposed as fools. The smart people who thought they knew everything will turn out to know nothing.”
Isaiah 29:13‭-‬14 MSG

Every now and then God gives me a reality check and shows me my heart. I am always surprised to see how shallow and selfish I have become.

God's word is good for a reality check. We must let it smack us up the head and convict our hearts. Have I slipped from vital union to lazy prayers? Have I taken my God for granted? Have I slipped into meism? If so then I need to repent and turn again to my first love.

First love is fresh and alive, loving the One who found us. His presence is real and necessary for us. Let's take time to turn again.

Dear Lord forgive us our programmes that squeeze out the kiss and rather focuses on the endurance. Refresh us again to know You, just like we did at first. Amen!

Get a hold of 'I Really Love You' from Bethel and refresh your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment