Wednesday 12 December 2018

Who is The Driver?


Calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?
Mark 8:34‭-‬37 MSG


Brilliant! Love this! Although we still have drivers in cars and within 10 years this may be a forgotten memory, for now we all understand. Only one person can drive the car. The same goes for our lives. Only one person can, really, be in charge of driving, or leading our lives.

Our Lord does such a good job as leader. We should let go and trust Him more.

Prayer: dear Lord I want a life of adventure with You. Please come in and be my Lord. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment