Sunday 20 January 2019

In His Image


So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female.
Genesis 1:27 HCSB

When I first read this passage I had a revelation about what made 'in the image of God' meant for me. Up until that time I had never done anything creative. I met a woman who was 100% creative and she blew me away. I asked God where was the creative in me and He showed me this verse and reminded me of all He had done in Genesis so far: God made the earth, planets, sun, moon stars, he created the seas and dry lands, He filled the earth and sky with animals and I knew that I must be creative as He, my Father was creative.

I set out on a discovery of what the creative in me was able to do. So far, anything I choose to do I can do. I have paint, made pottery, made a stained glass window, recovered a lounge chair, made curtains, made a lampshade cover and then list goes on. I have found the creative in the garden, in cooking, in music. He is everywhere!

I have proven the truth: if God says it, I can do it. Truth challenges my faith. Why not discover all you are able to do in Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment