Friday 1 February 2019

Others


So if you’re serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective.
Colossians 3:1‭-‬2 MSG

I am reminded of this principle, daily. Each evening God gives us a glorious sunset and we face the west and see it every day, should we choose to. The past two days I sat outside watching the sun set and the last final burst of red that suffused the whole sky. What threatened to be dull grey was lit with a radiance that promised more. Tonight I was inside watching a show with my mother. I happened to glance up as the final burst of red appeared and I lamented the choice I had made.

The Christian walk is like this. We can shuffle along with our minds captured with negative thinking and miss God's glorious appearance around us.

After dinner I go out to water the garden. Many evenings my neighbours are also out and conversation usually results. Tonight I walked my dog, who has a little buddy down the road. This invariably means we call in for a chat, and we did. Dogs are good like that.

There has to be more than agendas and programmes that preclude others. Others are why we are here. Go find them! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment