Friday 26 April 2019

My Shepherd

“I am the good shepherd. I know My own sheep, and they know Me, as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father. I lay down My life for the sheep. But I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock, one shepherd. This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again. John 10:14‭-‬17 HCSB

There is a resonance between the sheep and the shepherd. The sheep know the voice of the shepherd. They have ears to hear.

Before I was born again I could hear the shepherd calling me. However, I was caught in the brambles and could not find a way to Him. He had to come a rescue me. I remember the day. I was in a state because of the brambles and so glad He had come.

Jesus said that the Father loved Him because He lay down His life for the sheep. We have just celebrated Easter and this very fact. The Father loves those who are willing to lay down their lives for His sheep.

We are not all called to die as martyrs and there is a more practical way we can lay down our lives- dying to selfish ways, attitudes and desires.

Jesus told us that we are the light of the world. With His Holy Spirit inside we are. We must act like lights and shine. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment