Thursday 30 May 2019

Don't Let This Throw You!

“Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.” John 14:1‭-‬4 MSG

'This' was the pending crucifixion of Jesus. The leader who had faced off all their enemies was going to give up His life.

Why was Jesus leaving them? Why was He going to surrender to evil? I am sure the disciples thought these thoughts.

The scriptures above were encouraging the disciples to not fear but to trust. History shows us they ran in fear, all but John was absent at the cross.

Why did John stay? Was his love for Jesus able to trust? Was his love able to endure the cross?

Will our love for Jesus strengthen us and enable us to endure the cross in our lives? I pray it does!

Prayer: Lord Jesus strengthen us I pray as we face our own cross and give us vision beyond the cross, just as You had. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment