Saturday 4 May 2019

Whose Wages Will I Choose?

But now that you’ve found you don’t have to listen to sin tell you what to do, and have discovered the delight of listening to God telling you, what a surprise! A whole, healed, put-together life right now, with more and more of life on the way! Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God’s gift is real life , eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master. Romans 6:23 NLT

What a good version of this scripture! As a previous financial planner I understand the analogy. It now comes down to: which employer will I choose?

It is that easy! Eternal life or death! In the Old Testament God said such words in Deuteronomy 30:19. Today I set before you life and death, choose life that you might live.

'Life' is more than earthly pleasures, it is long life walking with our God and an eternity with Him. As I have been at a hospital all week I have seen a lot of sickness. I want life in this life as well, not sickness. I want the path that leads to life.

Jesus told His listeners that there were two roads: wide was the road that leads to destruction and narrow was the road that leads to life. He encouraged them to choose the narrow road. Obviously the narrow road has less traffic.

Currently I have a sister and her husband touring America. They have chosen all the roads less travelled. It seems harder as many places are closed to them, yet I am watching the beauty. They are encountering snow in autumn. It is cold but beautiful.

Choose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment