Tuesday 4 June 2019

Sin and Not

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world. 1 John 2:1‭-‬2 NLT

Note: the goal in John's letter was to encourage his readers to not sin and to know, if they do sin Jesus has made a way for forgiveness.

It is possible to not sin, if I am in Christ. It is when my flesh wants to step outside of Christ I get into trouble.

What makes me step out: emotional reactions to stuff happening. Things happen that make us sad, glad and mad. When we feel strong emotions there is a prompting to: eat, drink or partake in what is not good and leads us to sin.

Today I had a bad experience and felt slapped down. My emotions were torn. However after the parade of solutions came to mind I thought: what is my example to others? Which door will this behaviour open to that which would destroy my family?

Remember, it is no all about you. You are a gatekeeper. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment